Sunday, December 11, 2016

March 28th, 2016


Hey Fam and Friends, I really missed all of you on Easter, but it's been good to hear about all your experiences and new traditions you started!

I guess I should start with the big news first.  Ever since I have been here in Kalamazoo my companion, Sister Jorgensen, has been struggling with pretty severe headaches. The headaches were constant and they seemed to be getting worse and worse the farther we got into the transfer.  She eventually came out and told me that she had a double concussion that took place in the MTC and never got it taken care of.  The repercussions of the injuries were finally hitting her and it was taking a toll on both of us.  We would have to take breaks frequently and sometimes come back to our apartment so that she could go to bed, leaving me awake and trying to run the area as well as calling all our sisters, and planning etc., etc.  It got to the point where she couldn't even focus in her studies anymore or teach properly.  Her words became all mixed up and I would have to teach entire lessons by myself.  I finally broke down one morning and told her she had to call our mission President.  The Jacobsen's heard the news and were at our apartment the next day giving Sister J the news she was dreading.  They are releasing her honorably as a missionary and she will be returning back home to Idaho tomorrow for MRI's and other tests she needs to get done on her head.  This all took place a couple of days ago, and for a while President Jacobsen didn't know what to do with me!  He wasn't sure if he should close down the area for the time being, release me as an STL, put me in a trio (I'm still in STL training so I still have lots to learn).  We FINALLY got the news of what was going to happen this morning, and you are never going to believe this family.... SISTER BRECK STEELE is coming to be my companion for the last 4 weeks of this transfer and the last 4 weeks of her mission!  I CAN'T BELIEVE that I am going to be able to kill my best friend off the mission! We have been praying to be companions ever since I got into the mission field, and we had finally accepted the fact when we met each other at the Lamb of God production that it wasn't going to happen.  But miracles really do exist!  I'm really sad how it all went down with sister Jorgensen, but I am so excited and feel so blessed to be able to be with Breck for these last 4 weeks of her mission.  She is being recalled as an STL and will finish out training me at WMU in Kalamazoo.  This area is in for a reallll treat!

As for the rest of this week, it's been pretty slow.  Sister Jorgensen hasn't been able to do much, so I had to basically pack everything for her because bending down and lifting things makes her head hurt way too much.  We did however have a really neat Easter Sunday.  One of the singers from the Lamb of God show came and spoke during our sacrament meeting and sang a special musical number.  The KUB (the building on campus we meet in) is a really neat place.  It used to be an old baptist church and has a balcony and really pretty acoustics in it.  I will have to send a picture of it next week.  For Relief Society sister Jorgensen and I got asked to speak on the Atonement and the Sacrament the day before Sunday, and it went pretty well, but I felt a little bad because we didn't have too much time to prepare.  It was all last minute, but that's when the spirit comes in right??? ::)

Our investigators are all doing pretty well.  To be honest we haven't been able to meet with a bunch of them, because of Sister J's injury, but as soon as Sister Steele gets here we are going right back to work and will be picking the area up again!  Hopefully some baptisms will be coming our way really soon!

That's about all I got from the K-Zoo! More details on gators will happen next week!

Love,

Sister Viehweg




No comments:

Post a Comment