Tuesday, December 13, 2016

July 17th- 13 Months

July 17, 2016
 
Transfer number 10 here we go!  Today I turned 13 months. Can you believe that????

Sister Smith and I had a really good week.  Week 6 of the transfer always flies by, but we tried to make the most of it.....and honestly I have been staring at the screen for about 5 minutes and can't think of much to tell you all.. haha

Bed Bud scare is officially over. Sister Smith and I slept on the couch every single night until Friday evening. The only thing that could make us change from the couch back to our beds was watching a giant, black spider crawl under the couch. Haha!  We are so ridiculous. We even flipped the couch completely over to try and find it and kill it, but couldn't find a single trace of the sucker, so being the paranoid sisters we are, we set up our beds that night and have been sleeping in them ever since. NO BITES either. It's a miracle.

Thursday evening was pretty neat. Sister Smith and I were invited to attend the Kalamazoo Stake PEC meeting with all the bishops and branch presidents. They asked us to conduct a short training on getting members more involved in the missionary work.  I was so nervous.  There were a lot of old men in fancy suits, but the meeting was enjoyable and really spiritual. I am so grateful for the priesthood leadership we have in our church.

Friday we took Bryan to the family history center and found him some names to take on our temple trip we had planned the following day. I really wish I had more knowledge about how to do family history...it's embarrassing.

Saturday we woke up bright and early and headed to the church were we met about 20 other branch members and Bryan to carpool down the the Detroit Temple. It took us a little over 2 hours to get there and the whole experience was amazing. It has been a long time since I have done baptisms for the dead, and seeing Bryan's face said it all. We were also able to take one of our less active members, Xoabin Zhao (We call him bin (bean) ) :).  It's been a really long time since I was fully submerged under water, almost felt like I was swimming...jokes, but I totally miss swimming..

After the temple we went to Texas Roadhouse for Elder Dunn's birthday, Sister Smith got so full she had to unbutton on her skirt.  Then she forgot it was unbuttoned in the car and leaned forward and the button and zipper had fallen wayyyy down. She flashed us all. It was pretty funny.

One more miracle this week, today at church Bryan was able to pass the sacrament!

LOVE YOU

Sister Viehweg


No comments:

Post a Comment