Monday, December 12, 2016

July 5th, 2016 Baptism


July 5, 2016
 
Life just keeps getting better and better!

Last Monday, we held a Zone P-Day and that was a blast, It was hot so we did water balloons, beach volleyball, bbq, ping pong, etc.  Yes dad, the Elders still get upset because they can't beat me at ping pong. I think the Zone really enjoyed themselves and everyone seemed hyped for the upcoming week. The rest of the week passed by in a blur. The next day I went on Trade offs with the sisters in this tiny little town called Three Rivers.  An Amish community lives really close by so there were Amish people EVERYWHERE. I couldn't believe it. Didn't know that many of them still existed, but they were all over Three Rivers. I wish I would have grabbed a picture, but I felt a little bad. You don't see them taking pictures of us, so why would we take pictures of them, ya feel?  Anyways, the trade off was crazy. It was a trio, so sister Smith took one of the sisters back to campus and I stuck with Sisters Osmond and Alloy in Three Rivers. Man, who knew so much drama could go down in just a short amount of time. Sister Osmond's, companion went home early a couple of weeks ago, causing her to leave her area and join the sisters in Three Rivers. Boy, was she bitter, but everything was worked out.  I was exhausted, and excited to go home to Kalamazoo when the time came. But I love those girls all the same. Wish I knew how to help them more. Trio's are just rough, especially with girls, because two are always talking..

Moving on to better news! BRYAN WAS BAPTIZED!!!!! On Saturday Sister Smith and I made the hour long trek to the stake center building to begin the preparations in the font, and programs, chairs, etc., etc.  The baptism was well attended by the Branch and other missionaries around the area, and Bryan was glowing and so excited! After he was baptized the got up and bore his testimony. I was so proud of him. The next day, at church, he received the priesthood and, again, bore his testimony to the entire Branch. He talked a lot about how The Book of Mormon is true, and his purpose, and love for God. Everyone loves him and I am excited for him and his new journey.

Happy Fourth of July!  President Jacobsen called all of us and said that we was giving us an all day P-Day, 6:30am to 10:30pm.  We started the day off going out to breakfast for an Elder's Birthday, did some studies, and then about half of our zone headed over to South Haven.  South Haven is a cute little town right on Lake Michigan. If I were to live anywhere in Michigan it would for sure be South Haven. They had a little parade that we watched and then we went shopping in all the little stores downtown, tried the state of Michigan's BEST rated ice cream (It was pretty dang good), and then went to a park right on the beach and played corn hole, beach volleyball, ultimate frisbee, and had a bbq.  Then we watched the sunset on the beach. The entire day was a blast, I have zero regrets. We even got to see some fireworks on our drive home.

Time is flying by, I can't believe Sister Smith is going home in 2 weeks. So sad, I am going to miss this companion a lot as well, but I am sure my next one will be just as good!

I am praying for all of you and I can definitely feel the prayers coming from you!!

Sister Viehweg




No comments:

Post a Comment