Sunday, December 11, 2016

April 6, 2016


I love being a missionary!!! Wow! I could say that all day! 
 
Well family! Let me tell you about my week with Breck Steele. I just love saying that! 

Breck and I have always had a hard time holding in our laughter and things have NOT changed since we were little. While on campus we would often be laughing so hard at what one of us said in an ITL (invite to learn) and you know what, people would come up to us and start asking us what was so funny, instead of us approaching them! It worked out perfectly and we were actually able to pick up a lot of sweet potential gators. 
Here are a couple of funny random stories...

Every Wednesday night we have a missionary dinner, where the branch feeds us and it's our job to bring gators. Well Breck and I get there and I am talking to our gator Krista pretty intently, because Breck is just off doing her own thing with members. She was not really talking to her but then we went to the bathroom, to clean up her shirt she had spilled all over.  I told her we need to pay more attention to Krista (the gator).  After that Breck chatted it up with her and it was awesome.  So after Krista leaves, the Elders come over and asked us who that girl was.  I responded with, "our investigator!" and Breck looks at me and says, "Whhhaaaat????? You NEVER TOLD ME!"  She had NO idea who she was talking to!  She just thought Krista was a random member.  Hahahaha, too funny.

Rain storm anyone?!  Yikes!  As we were walking the 30 min. back to our apartment this HUGE random rain and hail storm hit us. It was raining and hailing so hard that it was raising welts on our skin!  I for real thought we were going to get struck by lightning.  After about 10 minutes a cute boy in a pickup truck pulled over and asked if we wanted a ride.  We both wanted to say yes soooo badly, but kept to the rules and politely refused his offer.  Heavenly Father was just trying to test us.

Okay... last funny story, I actually don't know if any of these are even funny, but anywayssss....  There is a family who always feeds us and the Zone Leaders. Every single time we go over the dad greets us at the front door and says, "Welcome to the serenity home."  The family is SO sweet, but bless their hearts, they are quite interesting and the conversation always makes me laugh so hard. I tried to prep Breck for this house, but I don't think I did a very good job because as soon as the dad said, "Welcome to the serenity home."  She lost it and was dying laughing the ENTIRE dinner appointment, which of course was making me laugh and the Zone Leaders too.  None of us could keep our composure, and the family was just sitting around us chatting away.  You literally can go to their house and not say one word and they wouldn't even notice.  All their dining stuff is patio furniture, so I was able to recline in a nice patio chair and just listen and laugh.  We shared a spiritual thought and then headed on our way, but before we left the dad asked sister Steele and I to feel his muscles!  WHAT!?  Thank goodness the ZL were there to feel them for us....  Always a good experience at the serenity home

We had one of our investigators make it to General Conference, which was awesome!  He even had to cancel a doctor appointment to make it. It was great because he leaned over to me during a talk i was NOT following and said, " I am getting all of this! Are you getting this??"  Lets just say I made a note to read that talk later. :)  General Conference in general was AMAZING!  I feel so motivated to go out and tell everyone about our prophet and apostles right now!

Love you family!!

Sister Viehweg




No comments:

Post a Comment