Sunday, December 11, 2016

April 18th, 2016 10 Months!


Today I woke up so excited because I got to hear from all of you!  I LOVE YOU ALL MORE THAN YOU KNOW!!!

This week has been amazing! Brecky and I were blessed in so many different ways I don't even know where to begin!

To give a little background, the students here at WMU are all prepping for finals this coming week, so everyone is crazy busy and of course, not wanting to meet with missionaries.  But once again my testimony of prayer has been built up.  Each day Breck and I left the apartment we prayed that we would find people who were willing to sit down with us and people who were staying for the summer.  Guess what people?  Prayers WORK!

Tuesday we had Zone Conference, with both the Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo zones and it was amazing!  One of our AP's is from the promised land, Idaho, and kept using analogies in his training that had to do with Idaho.  One of my favorites being the Fiesta Bowl miracle between BSU and Oklahoma! :)  He focused a lot on how we need to promise people blessings while inviting them to learn.  Breck and I tried that out this week and saw huge success!  Funny story though.  When we first started doing it, it was really hard, and poor Breck got her words mixed up and said, "If you sit down with us, we promise you that you will be able to learn more about Satan..."   Hahaha Too funny!

Throughout the week we used the new training in our finding, and we were able to have so many random sit down lessons with students on campus, pick up multiple new investigators, and put a couple on date to be baptized.  We also had a lot of people make it to church for the first time yesterday.  I love how willing all these young adults are to find truth and how open minded they all are.  It really does amaze me.  I cannot imagine growing up in a household where these truths were not taught to me. Thank you Parents for teaching me while I was young.

The sun FINALLY found Michigan this week!  I wasn't sure if I was ever going to see it again!  Last week it was snowing and this week we got FRIED (see photos).  Breck and I did not prep for the sun and now have the WORST farmer tans I have ever had in my entire life.  Don't worry I will attach a picture so you all can make fun of me.

How has 10 months already gone by?  I feel like just yesterday I was in the MTC feeling so lost and confused and unsure about what I was doing.  I am so grateful that God somehow got me on a mission.  It has changed my life forever, and I now fully understand the importance of this Gospel and the work that I am able to be a part of!

D&C 4:  "For the field is white already to harvest and he/SHE that thrusteth in his/HER sickle with his/HER might, the same layeth up in store that he/SHE perisheth not, but has everlasting life."


LOVE YOU!!!

Sister Viehweg



No comments:

Post a Comment