Wednesday, December 14, 2016

August 1st, 2016 Dehydration

August 1, 2016
 
Hey Hey FAMILY!!! I am super short on time this week, but  I will try and  catch you up on everything!

So last Monday I talked to you about my heat exhaustion, the stupid sickness carried with me throughout the entire week! I am finally starting to feel back to my normal strength. I feel like I have been drowning myself in water too. But it definitely took it's toll and this week wasn't the best, but sister Robertson and I tried to make the most of it. Midterms and Summer term finals have begun at WMU, so again, campus was a total ghost town. Add Pokemon-Go to that and you literally talk to zero people. I tried to stop one student and he said, "I am too busy catching Pokemon to talk about Jesus right now."  If I didn't have a name tag on I would have decked the kid....  I guess that just shows how much I love Christ now, so it gave me some weird type of motivation to interrupt everyone playing Pokemon Go whether they got mad or not.  Can't say that we found too many students who were interested, but we did our best.

Wednesday we had a zone training and it went really well! I was super nervous to train in front of all the missionaries at first, but once I got up and allowed the spirit to take over it became easy. The missionaries seemed to have enjoyed it and our numbers all looked good last week. WAY TO GO K-ZOO ZONE! 

Right after the training I left my area to go on a trade off with Sister Merriman. She has only been out 2 months, pretty green, but we had a good time together.  I always pray super hard for trade off miracles to  happen so that the other missionaries can get re-motivated, and the Lord never leaves me hanging.  I prayed to be invited into a house, by a young mom.  Sure enough, while door knocking, we got invited in by a young mom who had just had her third baby. She is originally from Italy and had a super thick accent, but loved what we taught her, and the Sisters have since put her on date for baptism!  Thank you Heavenly Father!

My favorite investigator we are working with right now is Lydia. She is 20 years old and is dating a less active member named Taylor.  We have been teaching Lydia a lot lately and really the only thing holding her back is her less active boyfriend!  So dumb.  However, she has been doing her part and reading the Book of Mormon in front of him, trying to get him back into the swing of things. Yesterday she came to church without him and loved the 2 hours she stayed.  She also talked with the ZL's to plan a way they can get in touch with Taylor and start inviting him to Monday morning basketball.  Lydia and I have so much in common, I feel like I have been sent to this area for her.  Pray for her and Taylor!  Once he's on board they are both on board. :)

Our apartment is so ghetto...  We finally get over the scare of the bed bugs and guess what shows up next? MICE!!!! These mice are crazy!  They aren't scared or timid, they LITERALLY run around in the open!!!!  It's so scary!!  We have set traps everywhere and still haven't caught anything.. help!!

Love you all!

Sister Viehweg

No comments:

Post a Comment