Sunday, December 11, 2016

April 11th, 2016

 am so glad everyone is enjoying the beautiful Spring weather because guess what... We got hit with ANOTHER snow storm last week that left a foot of snow. Don't worry, I am NOT bitter about it at all.  Yesterday everyone at Branch Council was talking about how we needed to get going on our Spring yard work for the church grounds next week and I raised my hand and said, "As far as I know it is still snowing outside, therefore it is winter, and I will DIE if I do yard work right now."  So pray that the weather warms up here in Michigan! 

Brecky and I had an awesome week!  It all started off with Mission Leader Conference in Lansing, where all the zone leaders and sister training leader's get together and plan out how to help our mission become better.  The meeting was super inspiring and we are all pumped to get back to work now. I t's really cool what our mission is doing with the STL's.  Everyone's mission uses them differently, but our mission president is trying to make the STL's and ZL's more balanced and equal in their work load, so we are being given new responsibilities which is really exciting.  The leadership we have in this mission right now is incredible, I have so many role models to look up to.  It's great!!

Here are a couple of miracles that happened throughout the week:

Breck and I have been working on increasing our faith, so earlier this week we said a prayer before we went out contacting that we would specifically find someone to teach that day who had an open mind and was ready to hear the restoration lesson.  Sure enough, the 6th person we talked to was a freshman named Phillip who invited us back to his dorm, where we taught him the Restoration.  The spirit was super strong and we are excited to continue to teach him this week.

Wednesday night we got a text from a random number that asked if he could get a tour of our church building and take lessons. We asked him how he got our number and he talked about how a young missionary with long brown hair (me) had randomly stopped him on campus and given him a mormon.org card a couple of weeks ago with this number on the back.  THIS NEVER HAPPENS!  We probably pass out around 30 "Invite To Learn" cards a day and my entire mission I have only had 2 people contact us through our number on the back, one in Bay City and now this guy!

Breck and I went and blitzed Battle Creek (the ghetto) on Saturday.  A blitz is where we both go into the area and trade off with the sisters working there.  I was with Sister Osmond, who is still in training, and we had had a pretty rough day of door knocking all day with zero success.  All of our appointments had fallen through, but the very last lesson of the day was with this media referral family from Burma.  Sister Osmond gave me a brief overview of how they had only dropped off a BOM and the dad could hardly speak any English, the wife none at all, but that they had wanted them to come back.  Before we went into the lesson, we said a prayer asking God to help us be able to understand the family even through the language barrier.  Sure enough, during the lesson we were able to communicate with the father who translated everything to his wife and back to us.  The lesson took a while so we only got to the Great Apostasy and told him that we would be back to explain how the authority was brought back. Sister Osmond called me last night to tell me that Harang, the dad, had called her at 6 am that morning to tell her that he had prayed and received his answer on how the authority was brought back, by a prophet!

Sunday we didn't have anyone coming to church, but randomly got texted by a freshman we had taught a week ago, named Janae, asking us if we would be at the 11 church session.  We said yes and she showed up 5 minutes later!

If I have learned anything this week it's that obedience brings blessings.  Brecky and I stay up late pillow talking, but even though we are best friends we are both firm and steadfast in keeping our purpose at heart and following all the rules.  It truly has been the most amazing experience serving with my best friend and has only grown my testimony even more! 

Thats all I got for you. Here's to another week of the best 18 months of my life :)

Sister Viehweg




No comments:

Post a Comment