Monday, December 12, 2016

May 16th, 2016

Okay I really had every intention of writing last week after Mother's Day, but our Zone P-Day went wayyyy late and The ZL's and STL's had ZERO time to email when we got back and throughout the week. Sacrifice Sacrifice.... but the P-Day was a huge hit. So it was all worth it! And I guess I will start there...

Monday, we packed up the entire Zone and headed to South Haven, which is a cute little town right on the lake. There were boats and docks and lighthouses and it was BEAUTIFUL! I honestly felt like I was on the coast. At the beach we played Volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, soccer, kickball, football, you name it, we played it. Our zone has been struggling with morale and being motivated lately, so at the end of the day the ZL's and Sister Smith and I put together this spiritual thought.  We had a couple of convert missionaries share their conversion experiences and pumped everyone up about our Zone Goal this transfer.  I get so nervous talking in front of crowds, especially Elders and Sisters my own age, but God really does place the words in your mind once you have fully prepared. I think everyone enjoyed it and everyone I saw left in good spirits!

This week campus was a little more busy and we were able to find a couple of really awesome new investigators. One of them was a former, named Brandon. I found him my first week in K-Zoo and we lost contact with him once finals hit, but he is back on track and committed to be baptized in June!  Unfortunately last week he told us his lease is up, so he is getting kicked out of his apartment and moving back to Detroit for the summer. Keep Brandon in your prayers!  I am still praying that a miracle will pull through and he will find a way to stay in Kalamazoo for his baptism!  We had another break through with an investigator named Hannah. She is SUPER evangelical and always tries to teach us instead of the other way around.  Sister Smith and I both got the prompting to teach her in the church chapel and it was the BEST lesson we have had with her!  She also brought a friend with her that we were able to pick up and both of them came to all the activity nights we had this week.

A couple of weeks ago we had a random couple show up to church and leave before anyone could talk to them. We found out eventually it was a less active on the WMU basketball team and his girlfriend.  I was able to find them on Facebook and start chatting with the girl, but as you all know we lost our Facebook privileges, so Sister Smith and I were really bummed that we weren't going to be able to contact her anymore.  We had her phone number, that we had gotten randomly from the Elders, but were scared to freak her out and just start texting her.  So we decided to leave it in God's hands and just pray reallllllly hard that she would contact us to take lessons.  Sure enough, on Sunday this past week we got a text from a random number, and it was Lydia asking us if there was church today!  Her and her less active boyfriend, Taylor, both came to church and a member invited them over for dinner and a lesson this Wednesday! I will let you know how all that goes next week!

It snowed last week on campus... PRAY that Michigan will find the Sun again. I NEED IT.  Other than that it has been a normal week, I loved seeing you all on Monday. It's weird that I will hit month number 11 this week. I feel like I just left you all. I want you all to know that I love where I am though, and am the happiest I have ever been.  I have been studying repentance a lot lately, and true repentance comes when the heart begins to change and you have no desire for the way you lived before.  Because of our savior, Jesus Christ, we do not have to be what we once were, and I truly believe that.

Peace out from the K-ZOOOOOOO!!  Love you,

Sister Viehweg



No comments:

Post a Comment