Sunday, December 11, 2016

May 2nd- New Companion

Hello Helloooo!!!!

I guess I should catch everyone up on Transfer calls since I didn't write last week... I don't even have a good excuse!
So as everyone knows Brecky left me and I am now with Sister Smith! She is soooooo great!  As always it takes a little bit to get used to a new companion, but Sister Smith is great. She makes me laugh so hard. She is from South Carolina, my first companion not from the West, and no, she doesn't have an accent so don't ask. I guess that's a sore subject for her. Everyone in her family has one except for her.

On Transfer Monday the ZL's asked Sister Burk and I (my temporary companion for the day) to play Transfer ball with them. Super hilarious, super funny, because neither one of us are very good, but for some reason all the Elders thought we were amazing and wanted us on their teams. I think everyone else was just terrible, so it made us look really good because we both played sports so we have some sort of coordination. It was good fun. Then Sister Smith showed up with Sister Sheppard--my old companion!  Sister Sheppard got transferred into my district so I am now her STL!

This week on campus was actually really depressing. Everyone was taking their last finals and packing for home. We said goodbye to 7 of our investigators, a couple of who were on date to be baptized at the end of the month. My heart is broken, but we made sure they were in contact with the Missionaries in their home towns and had pretty smooth hand offs. It's so hard giving away your baptisms... but I am just grateful they all went into areas where there are missionaries to pick up where we left off.

Our miracle this week!
On Wednesday we got this call from a man who wanted to meet with us. I didn't recognize the name or anything and he had pretty poor English, but we agreed to meet on campus later that night. His name is Vidyut, he is from India and studying Engineering at WMU. I guess the sisters previously had met him on campus, but he was way too busy to meet with them. Now that it's summer he has all the time in the world. So we met with him and scheduled another meeting on Friday. He seemed pretty cool, but we were a little unsure. We invited him to church, he showed up and started introducing himself to everyone and anyone he could. He didn't even want to sit by us! He wanted to sit by his "new friends" he had just met! Totally fine with us. Then as everyone started bearing their testimonies, Vidyut turned around and asked us what they were doing. So we explained what a testimony was to him. He suddenly put his hand over his chest and said, "I feel something. I feel positive energy and it's telling me to go bear my testimony."  And with that he stood up and went to the pulpit and bore the cutest testimony in the world! "My name is Vidyut, I have been very blessed. I got all B's on my engineering. I met the sisters, they are guiding me down the path of Christ. I feel positive energy here. I am excited to learn more. I am grateful for my new handsome friends I have met. Amen."  It was AMAZING!!!!  He became an instant legend! Everyone in the branch wanted to talk to him and get to know him. So I will keep you all posted on the progress of Vidyut!

WMU is such a ghost town now, we are not 100% sure what we are going to do here in the Summer, but God has placed some cool students in our path who are staying for the Summer. So hopefully they will keep us busy and hopefully we can find some more! 

I am so excited to talk with you all on Mother's Day!!!

Love you!

Sister Viehweg

No comments:

Post a Comment