Monday, December 12, 2016

May 31st, 2016

Heyyyyaaa Fam

This week was a hard one on me. Monday we went on an emergency transfer with the Kalamazoo-2 sisters, Sister Burk and Sheppard (who I trained). Sister Sheppard has been going through some weird medical problems lately and while I was with her she opened up a lot to me about how she was feeling. The next day I got a call from her telling me she received an answer to go home. She and hr companion came over to our apartment the next morning and we called President Jacobsen and told him what was happening. Sister Sheppard was honorably released as a missionary yesterday. My heart is a little broken. The thing is I don't know what is more upsetting to me, the fact that my mission child is gone, or the fact that I no longer have any living companions in the mission. I know God's plan is different for everyone though, and it was the right thing for her to do, but this week I am trying to get out of the slumps and back to work. The best thing for me is to lose myself again in the work and that's exactly what I have been doing, or trying to do. Keep the Sheppard family in all of your prayers this week for me!

Sister Smith and I had a really good week last week! We were able to pick up a lot of new investigators who are wanting to find truth, so that is what we have been giving them!  Most of our investigators are international students at this point, so language barriers have been the challenge of this transfer. It's definitely helped me improve my listening skills. Some of those Indian accents are SO HARD to understand!

One of my favorite gators at this point is probably Vidyut. We taught him the plan of salvation last week and in his closing prayer he said, "Thank you, God, for showing me the Chart of Life (the plan outline), I hope to one day end up in Celestial with sisters." Haha Melts my heart.
We are also working with this kid named Bryan who is from the South and responds with "Yes ma'am" to every little thing I say. He is so respectful and so humble. I LOVE people like that. We just put him on date for Jun 25th so keep him in your prayers!

Saturday I was able to return to Bay City for a baptism. I found and started teaching Donna, and when I got transferred the sisters there picked up her daughter and they were both baptized on Saturday. It was really neat returning to that ward and seeing all the old members. I love seeing the progress still continuing without me. One less active family I door knocked into was fully coming to church now and their son was scheduled for baptism! Sometimes all it takes is planting the little seed.

Memorial Day was a goody. Our Branch President, who reminds me a lot of you Dad, had us all over for a BBQ and we played games and ate and talked. It was a good time. We had 4 of our investigators make it. International students are the best. They are amazed by the littlest things. Always whipping their phones out and taking pictures and videos of everything we do. Makes me feel good about myself :)

I love you all! Make this week the BEST week!!

Sister Viehweg


No comments:

Post a Comment