Wednesday, December 14, 2016

August 8th, 2016 Ombre'

August 8, 2016
 
It's been a good crazy week in K-Zoo, but the weeks are always crazy and fast in Kalamazoo. Life keeps picking up the pace and I don't know how to keep up with it!

This week we had MLC, which was really cool! We decided to do a mission wide fast to hit our goal of 280 baptisms by Dec. 31 2016. We are cutting it pretty close, but starting tomorrow there will be a set of missionaries fasting in every single zone every single day (except for p-day) until the end of the year! Cool right??? I am super pumped!  After the meeting we all went to the mission home for a BBQ. Pres. Jacobsen has the NICEST ping pong table I have ever seen so of course the APs had to challenge me to some games. Don't worry dad, I put them in their place. :)

Later in the week we had another big break through with Lydia!  Her less active boyfriend, Taylor, came to our lesson the on the Word of Wisdom. Lydia has been such a good influence on Taylor.  She has been making them read and pray together and when we taught them the WOW he totally testified and they both committed to live it!  Then they both made it to church yesterday! #blessed!!!

Saturday we had another baptism in our area, by the Zone Leaders.  Her name was Aly and it's actually a pretty funny story how we all met. I first contacted Aly a couple of transfers ago on campus. She was SO rude to me and my companion at the time. She told us how she grew up mormon and how she would NEVER EVER be going back to that religion.  A couple weeks later the ZL's contacted her and for some reason she decided to meet with them. During that lesson she stopped the ZL's and asked them, "Did you know that you have some FLDS sister missionaries on this campus too?" The zone leaders just started dying laughing because they knew she was talking about us! Aly thought I was FLDS!  I must have been wearing something really homely that day... ooops.   Sometimes I get desperate okay? Anyways, Aly grew up with a mom who was FLDS and it was not a very good experience for her.  However she is now baptized and loving life has a latter day Saint. 

What else happened this week... I went on trade offs with a greenie and got bored of how I look, so I dyed my hair! yayyy for ombres! I will attach a picture!

Have a great week and know that someone in the K-ZOO loves you!

Sister Viehweg




No comments:

Post a Comment