Tuesday, May 10, 2016

March 21st, 2016 Hump Day

Happy Hump Day!!!  I am officially 9+ MONTHS OLD!!  Half way baby!  I can't believe half my mission life is over!  I feel like I just got out here!

This week on campus was way better! Students were actually walking around! Spring Break is over and everyone is already super busy with their work, school, and social schedules. I was super nervous about working on Campus, but after my first day I got somewhat used to it. I still get nervous, but talking to students is actually really fun!  They are all so different and so open to exploring new things.  It's great.  The only problem is, students are a little too comfortable with giving their number out so we have a lot of false alarms.  We get really excited about all the people we have to contact and then text them and get the response, "Sorry I am not interested anymore."  So that will be a huge struggle here, but in the meantime we are teaching some pretty awesome young adults.  I actually haven't even met our top investigator yet, Brea, who is on date to be baptized in April, because of trade offs!  But I hear great things about her. :)

I had my first set of Training Leader Trade-Off's this week with the sisters in Battle Creek, the "Cereal Capital of the World."  It was definitely a learning experience. While I was in Battle Creek, or should I say Battle Crack (the city is SO ghetto), with sister Pettet my main job was just to see how she was doing and help her improve on her teaching, finding, and planning skills. The area is actually not doing that great, so it was pretty stressful trying to work everything out in 24 hours.  It was still a good experience though and I am excited to go on the remaining 3 trade-offs with all the other sisters!

I am happy, I know my Savior lives, I am so exhausted.  I have never been this tired in my entire life.  Sister G-ma and I have been getting up at 5:50 to get a little more exercise in.  Being an STL has brought a little more stress into the picture, so the extra workout time helps me a TON, haha.  Plus we have a fancy gym to use in our apartment complex, so why not put it to some good use?

Enjoy the Easter week and remember what the resurrection of the Savior truly means to you individually :)

Sister Viehweg
Eating a cactus

Hump day whale

No comments:

Post a Comment