Tuesday, May 10, 2016

March 7th, 2016- Good Bye Bay City

Helloooooo!
President Jacobson called us this weekend and I have been called to serve on the Western Michigan University Campus in Kalamazoo as a Sister Training Leader....  I am BEYOND nervous about this calling and have no idea what to expect. I am currently emailing in the Bay City Library all packed up and will head to the other side of the state right after I am done. What. The. Heck!?  My new companion's name is Sister Jorganson. She is a little older, I think 26 to be exact, and from Parma, Idaho (I think) So we should get along just great!  It is going to be a struggle adjusting from a family ward to an Young Single Adult Branch and going from working with adults to people my own age...  Wish me luck because I am headed back to college!
This week has been extremely emotional for everyone!  Sister Sheppard is taking over Bay City and is getting placed back into a trio, which she is scared about, and she is nervous to have me leave.  I feel her pain though, when my trainer left I felt like I was being abandoned, but I know she will do great things.  Our missionary work took quite of a slump this weekend because everyone in the ward wanted last minute dinner appointments, lunch appointments, and breakfast appointments.  I have NEVER eaten so much food!  Thank goodness my next apartment has a gym in it!  Also, all the goodbyes and pictures and tears are killing me.  People aren't supposed to cry when a missionary leaves!  Bay City really has been a home away from home for me. Nine months is a long time to spend in one area, and I will never forget the people that impacted my life here.
I don't have much to say this week, but next week I'm sure I will have plenty of awkward stories to share as I try my best to preach the gospel to college kids!
I LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Viehweg



With Sister Shepard


Eating ice cream with the Elliots
Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment