Tuesday, May 10, 2016

February 22, 2016

Family, I LOVE YOU! I love reading all the letters!  Keep them coming!  All your lives are changing so much and it's so exciting hearing about everything!

Rachel, CONGRATS on the BABY!!!  He is Darling!  Seriously so cute.  I am already bragging about the new member of our growing family, which continues to grow more and more while I'm gone!  What the heck!?  But it's okay, they will all still be cute when I get home. :)

What exciting news happened this week...

Our Baptism for Katie was a Huge success! Katie was baptized Saturday the 20th and confirmed Sunday the 21st. As soon as she came out of the water she turned to all of us and yelled "YEAH!" and started clapping her hands, it was the cutest thing in the world.  However, we all thought that her boyfriend (who was baptizing her) was going to drown her!  He held her under the water for 6 SECONDS!  Our bishop, who was a witness, started freaking out and was like, "You need to bring her out of the water now!" It was so funny. Katie came up to me before the baptism and told me that she had told Ron to hold her under for 6 seconds. I told her 6 was too many and to instead have him count to 2.  I guess she didn't relay the message, but everything worked out and Katie is still alive :).  Katie was literally the perfect investigator. And I just know she is going to do great things within the church.  Every time I look at her all I can see is the next Relief Society President.  This next week she is getting interviewed for her Temple recommend and then the week after will hopefully make it to the Detroit temple!

Meeting with gators has been hard this week. Everyone is getting sick, including everyone we are teaching. So we are in the process of trying to heal everyone from their sicknesses.  Lots and lots and LOTS of prayers!  We stopped by to see this lady named Barbara who just had knee surgery and she literally asked sister Sheppard and I to give her a blessing.  IT was the weirdest thing!  We told her she needed to call the Elders for that, but she insisted, so she grabbed our hands and placed them on her knee and had us say a prayer.  It was so weird.... never want to do that again.

This week we also had President interviews and those went well. President Jacobsen and I get along really well and he keeps making the joke that if I stay in Bay City any longer the govt. is going to force him to start paying taxes on me because I will become a permanent resident.  So it's probably safe to say that in two weeks I will most likely be leaving Bay City.  Lots of hard goodbyes will be coming my way, but I know that I will be called to wherever I am next needed.

Love you all and have a great week!

Sister Viehweg

No comments:

Post a Comment