Tuesday, May 10, 2016

January 25th, 2016

Transfer Calls are in and it looks like I will be doing another 6 weeks here in Bay City. It's crazy, the longest a missionary has ever stayed in Bay City is 7 months and I will leave Bay City at 9 months! I have seen so many generations of missionary districts come and go, it's weird. I don't think I will ever leave! However, I am more than happy to be staying. A lot of really neat things are happening this transfer. I think Sister Sheppard is relieved I'm staying too, she did not feel ready to take over an area yet. Poor thing, still can't even find the library. I don't know if you can believe this, but her sense of direction is worse than mine... I know, crazy.

If I had to describe this week using one word I would say "slippery". We wake up every morning and it is snowing and then two days later it rains and then starts snowing again. Bay City is alright at clearing the main roads, but sidewalks are a different story. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have slipped and fallen right on my backside. SOOO MANNNY TIMMMES. Always on main roads too, so all the cars start honking and I just know the people are laughing at me. I think the most I have fallen in a single day is 5 times, and that was last Wednesday. At least I'm not alone in falling though.  Sister Sheppard has no idea how to deal with ice, but does anybody?  On Friday we were walking out of someone's driveway and she was a little ahead of me, slipped and fell and in the process took my legs out from under me causing me to fall on top of her. We just kind of lay there for a minute laughing and processing what happened. Not munch else you can do.

To answer your questions of where Alajuwan was dad, no one really knows. Kathy just lets him roam the streets and go to whoever's house he wants.  Sister Sheppard and I see him running around town all the time. I now understand why you grounded me all the time for not telling you where I was. It's a scary feeling and I'm not even his parent!  The ward is stepping up though and taking care of him, he loves scouts and is currently making a pine wood derby car.

New investigators:
Katie, I don't know if I have mentioned Katie before, but she is one of my favorites!  We met her through someone in the ward and she is what you would call a "Golden Gator" (investigator) Katie grew up going to all different kinds of churches, but recently started dating a Mormon on our ward :)  He introduced her to us and we have been teaching her ever since. SHE IS PERFECTION!  We put her on baptism date a couple of weeks ago for February 20th and she is right on track. The other week she sat down and watched all of October Conference!  We had a lesson on temples yesterday after church and planned a date for her to go do baptisms on the 25th of February. Also Paul Jaurez, our recent convert, is planning on going with us! So many exciting things happening in February I can hardly wait!

I think that about sums it up, much love to you all!

Sister Viehweg

No comments:

Post a Comment