Tuesday, May 10, 2016

February 8th, 2016

Today Is February 8th and I am currently wearing a short sleeve shirt and sandals in Bay City Michigan. What is this life?  The weather is beautiful, but I don't think it is going to last long.  One of the Elders here just told me that we are supposed to be hit with a lot of snow next week and lucky for us it's our turn to give up the car!  Gotta love walking around in blizzards.

Monday, we headed to Frankenmuth... again, I'm getting a little Frankenmuthed out, but all the new missionaries that come into this area HAVE to go see it, so we went again and it was fun. The rest of the week was pretty much the same.  Our investigator Katie, is scheduled to be baptized next week on Saturday and we are really excited for that.  Katie is Golden.  Literally was pre- taught.  She never has had a problem with any of the teachings or principles of the gospel and is so excited to go the temple which we have scheduled to go 5 days after her baptism.
Our other investigator, Pita, is doing so well too.  On Thursday, the Elders and a couple of men in our ward, and sister Shepps and I, went over to Lupita's house and started mudding, sanding, and painting the walls in her kitchen and living room.  I should really start taking pictures so that you all can see the progress her house is undertaking.  Pita is so grateful too.  She keeps telling me, "Never in my life have I had anyone be so nice to me, let alone grown men."  Breaks my heart, but makes this work so worth it.  Pita is so willing to change her life right now and officially gave us permission to start teaching her oldest son Javier. We went over to see her family last night and her cute twin daughters (age 6) came running towards us yelling, "Mom taught us that the first commandment is to only pray to God!"  When I first met Pita she wasn't even sure there was a God, and now I can see her kids learning and growing.  Pita also told me that every night the girls refuse to go to bed until they have said prayers and read a verse out of the "Mormon Book."   Last night Aliyah, one of the twins, said the closing prayer and said,
"Dear Jesus, tonight I am happy we have sisters, I am also happy I have my sister Lupita,even though she is mean to me, I hope she doesn't die soon, even though she takes my clothes without asking. I love God.  I love the sisters, amen."
It was So cute! This is the reason why I am serving a mission!
 
I love my calling and there is no other place I would rather be. I am so grateful that I get to meet people and help them realize the good in life and that happiness awaits them just around the corner. The Church is SO TRUE.

Have an amazing week and know that I love each and every single one of you!

Sister Viehweg

No comments:

Post a Comment