Monday, January 11, 2016

January 4th, 2016



Hello from Michigan where one day it's 50 degrees and then the next day (today) is 19 degrees.
It is finally winter here and I LOVE IT. Snow is everywhere and loooots of it. Unfortunately, when winter arrived everyone disappeared. No one wants to answer their doors anymore, but things are still on fire here in Bay (Bae) City :)
Monday was crazy. After emailing last week we were walking down the stairs and poor sister Sheppard stepped wrong and fell to the ground. She was like screaming and holding her ankle so we hurried and took her to an urgent care (which isn't so urgent) and 3 hours later they took us back to get some x-rays. Turns out nothing was broken, but from the way she was acting I thought that her entire ankle had snapped in half. She has never sprained or rolled an ankle before, so maybe that's why she was acting the way she was. Sister Chatman and I have both experienced many rolls and sprains, so we were super confused on why she requested a wheelchair and crutches after our doctor visit. I don't ask questions--I just do what I'm told.   You know the saying "happy wife, happy life?"  Well on the mission it's "happy comp, happy mission."  So we got her some crutches and a wheelchair and she babied it allllll week. How do I know?  Because I would catch her walking on her foot when she thought I wasn't looking.. Bless her soul.  I love my baby :)

Tuesday was the most emotional day of my life. We had to drive to East Lansing to drop off Sister Chatman to go home, and I cried like a baby the entire time. I really felt like I was losing my other half!  You go from constantly being with a person 24/7 to completely abandoning them in a heartbeat.  But sister Chatman is home and safe and loving life. And it's been really good for Sister Sheppard and I to grow in our own companionship. Once sister Chatman left, sister Sheppard learned real quickly to find her voice.  It's been a real cool experience training her, I sometimes think that I am learning more that she is.
New Years was pretty exciting. Our assistants called us and said we weren't allowed to be outside past 5, because of all the drunk drivers. So we went to a member's house and played card games till 10. 10 is now really late for me so I was so ready to crash once we got home. Sister Sheppard and I woke up the next morning and celebrated New Years by eating cereal and water because we ran out of milk.. yum!!
Investigators are doing well. Hopefully Alajuwan gets baptized this Sunday, my Recent Convert Paul just decided he wants to go to the temple, and the Campbells, the family we reactivated, are planning on going to the temple on the 15th!! God is Good!
Love you all and have a good week!
Sister Viehweg
Snow Hill

Sister Shepard

After ankle sprain

No comments:

Post a Comment