Monday, January 11, 2016

December 28th, 2015

IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE ALL OF YOUR FACES THIS WEEK! I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas present. You really don't realize the love you have for your family until you spend a Christmas without them. I wish I could have been there to ski and play games and open presents, but I am so grateful to be serving in Bay City right now and wouldn't change it for the world.  Sounds like everyone had a good time and the pictures are just so dang cute!
Christmas in Bay City was crazy. There are two families that go all out here. The Martinez's and the Noyola's. Both families throw huge Mexican Christmas parties on Christmas Eve and of course the missionaries have to make an appearance at both. We decided to hit up the Martinez family first.  After we arrived we sang songs, saw what seemed like every person of Bay City in their house, ate SO MUCH FOOD, and then said our goodbyes and headed to the Noyola's. The Noyola house was just as crazy. So many people were packed into such a tiny house. I guess that's how they do things in Bay City.  It's all or nothing, standing room only. At the Noyola's we ate even more Mexican food, played some games and then headed home. 
Since the floor was getting ridiculously uncomfortable we decided to move our mattresses to our living room where the couch was so that one of us could sleep on the couch while the other two sleep on the mattresses. Best decision we have made since the baby (greenie sister missionary) came to live with us.
Christmas Day we woke up, opened presents (everything fits great, thank you!!!) and headed over to Bishop Peless's house for Skyping. Still can't believe that happened on Friday, seems like an eternity ago. After Skyping we went over to another member's home where we played games and ate more food and just kinda relaxed. It felt weird sitting on a couch not doing anything. I felt so unproductive.
Post Christmas was hard. I swear a holiday hangover is a real thing. Saturday was  super rough and we were all exhausted. Sunday we had most of our investigators come to church which was a total win!  Our Assistants called us Sunday night telling us we had the most investigators come to church out of the entire mission. I feel so blessed to be teaching such great people.
Good news about Alajuwan.  His mom is getting released from jail early so Alajuwan can officially be baptized on January 10th! I have so much love for this little boy and we are really looking forward to that!
We are driving sister Chatman down to Lansing tomorrow so she can get on her plane Wednesday morning. To be honest I will probably bawl my eyes out when I have to say goodbye. Its weird having both of my previous companions gone, but I am looking forward to having all my attention focused on Sister Sheppard now. She is still getting used to the missionary schedule and keeps asking me if she is always going to be this tired.  All I can say is "welcome to your mission, sister."

Holy Cow it's almost 2016, where did this year go??? I love this church I love this gospel, I love what I am doing right now and I love you all. Have a Happy, SAFE New Year!
Sister Viehweg

No comments:

Post a Comment