Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 20th- Baptism!

It is definitely fall/winter here in Michigan. The temperature DROPPED to the 40s and 30s this past week and our heater broke! So we have been doing anything and everything we can to stay warm at  night. Hopefully the maintenance men will be able to fix our heater today.

Alright, this week was awesome! Saturday Paul Juarez Jr. was baptized!!! I still can't believe it all happened. It was such a cool experience. Sister Chatman and I had to go to the church 3 hours early to start filling up the font. Due to the pipes being so old we had to turn the water on for 15 minutes and then off for 20 minutes until it was completely full. I don't know why, I don't ask questions, but it took FOREVER. While we were filling up the font we watched all the new addiction recovery videos that the church just released. Those videos are AMAZING! Everyone needs to watch them. And I'm not just saying that as an overexcited sister missionary. A couple of the videos had sister Chatman and I in tears!
Anyways, the font was filled, everyone showed up who needed to be there, and Paul was just too excited. He kept saying he was about to be "bean dipped" because he's Mexican hahaha. Afterwards I asked him how he felt and his response was "extra white, sister." He's too cute and was completely glowing! The next day he came to church to be confirmed and his smile said it all. THIS CHURCH IS TRUE. Not only have I witnessed the spiritual change in Paul since I met him in July, but also the physical Change. Its amazing what the gospel does to people. I have never seen a more happy 52 year old Mexican. Paul has my heart!

We had another lesson with Sarah Goretski and she pulled out this destroyed quad. It was the first book of Mormon/Bible she had ever received and told us that her husky had torn it apart while her and her husband were on vacation 5 years ago. She told us she just couldn't bring herself to throw it away, so of course sister Chatman and I told her we would repair it. I don't know what we were thinking. The dog had literally torn the quad to shreds and slobbered all over it (this is why you should never have animals). So this week we have been taping a quad back together, with scotch tape #soclassy. I will have to send a picture next week. It looks pretty good, but the amount of tape we have used is ridiculous. 

The rest of the week was sooo busy. Sister Chatman and I set another record of lessons this week. I still don't know how it happened. We would go from lesson to lesson and each time I didn't think it could get any harder to get off a couch, but it did.  I have never felt so tired in all my life. Sometimes I walk out of lessons and think to myself, "what did I even say in there?"  There's no way I am carrying out each day without God's help.

I love this work. Its the hardest thing I have ever done, but also the most rewarding thing I have ever done.
Have a great week!

Door Knocking bloopers:

man: " I got back from overseas in 2008."
Sister V: "welcome back!"
man: no response..shut the door
Sister C: "welcome back? its been 7 years sister..."

Sister Viehweg
Lilly Pond

Paul's baptism

Fall leaves

Sister selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment