Tuesday, November 24, 2015

November 23rd, 2015

This morning sister Chatman and I got up and ran in 14 degree weather.  Ohhhhhhh---it was sooo cold. And I know it's just going to keep getting colder and colder here. The weather really took a turn, last week we were enjoying the mid 60s and this week we are lucky to have 25 degree weather with a wind-chill that makes it feel like 10 degrees. Sister Chatman and I lost our car last Wednesday so when the blizzard hit Saturday morning you better believe we were out door knocking in it! I love the snow, so I wasn't too angry about it, but sister Chatman grew up in Washington state so snow is not enjoyable for her, haha!  It wasn't cold enough for most of the snow to stick, but we got a good solid 8 inches. The roads are realllly slick now and we have both fallen a couple times already, can't I wait for more snow...:)

We had a pretty solid week for having no car. It's always tough getting to all your appointments when you have to walk everywhere, and there is nothing worse than walking 2 hours to an appointment only to have them ditch you (Happened twice during the blizzard). Wednesday we had a zone training that President Jacobsen showed up to. It's kind of funny when President J decides to make a random appearance, everyone immediately starts to look around and wonder who got in trouble this time, Haha. Training was good, it was all about how to make the Sabbath day our best day. Sundays are  supposed to be a day of rest, but out on a mission THEY. ARE. CRAZY!!!  Sooo busy and stressful. So the training was good.

Sister Chatman and I went door knocking in the boonies this past week. It's definitely hunting season for these Michiganders. Dead deer were everywhere!  We passed this one garage with piles and piles of dead deer. There must have been over 40 deer in that garage!!  Smelled horrible!!  I guess another thing to do here in Michigan during hunting season is to kill all the squirrels. The squirrels in Michigan look more like large cats, they're HUGE!  And after the rednecks kill the squirrels they cut off their tails and hang them on their car antennas?!!  I don't know, it's the weirdest thing...

The work has been good, a little slower than we would like, but that just leaves time for more door knocking, which I have grown to love. Too many funny experiences happen door knocking, how could someone not like it?  We are still teaching Alajuwan and Kathy.  Alajuwan is now moving into Kathy's dad's house and his dad will be taking care of him because Kathy's daughter, Brandy (that we were teaching) ran away.  I'm still feeling nervous for that little boy.  Jessica is doing well, still needs to get married though.  Donny and Pita are awesome. They both work on Sundays so it's been hard to get them to church. I don't remember anyone working on Sundays when I was growing up, I guess not being in a Mormon community changes things, because everyone here works on Sundays.

I woke up the other night around 3:30am to sister Chatman pulling me out of my bed by my toes!  She was totally sleep-walking, but of course I thought someone was trying to kidnap me!!!  I yelled at her and she woke up and was so confused about what she was doing. I guess in her dream I was handing her a piece of music?  I don't know, but this year I sure am grateful for a companion that I love and get along with.

Can't believe this Thursday is Thanksgiving!!  We have a couple of parties to crash so it will be fun.
I am Thankful for each and every single one of you and hope you have a great holiday!!!  Alma 34:38

Love,

Sister Viehweg




No comments:

Post a Comment