Sunday, November 22, 2015

November 9th, 2015



Good Morning!!

To answer your question pops it actually hasn't been getting too cold over here. At the beginning of this week it hit the 70s!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. Everyone in the ward feels a little sheepish because they all have been telling me about how horrible the winters are here after I tell them how much I love winter. We were in short sleeves and short skits Monday & Tuesday, but by the end of the week we had our first frost soooo Winter is coming!

This past week was a lot of work. We have been having problems with a couple of our investigators. I think last week I told you a bit about Mario and how he wasn't interested in learning? Well for some reason we now see him everywhere and our last encounter was horribly awkward.  He came right up to be and said, "Sister V, I will join the church if you marry me."  You can imagine my surprised reaction!  I had no idea what to say so I just started laughing.  I think I hurt his feelings a little bit, because he turned really red and walked away.  What do you do in those situations though!?
Another one of our investigators, Kathy, who was excommunicated a while back, announced to us that she has to go to jail for 30 days starting December 1st.  Kathy is my THIRD investigator to be put in jail while I've been teaching them.  Broke my heart.  We are also working with her 8 year old son, Alajuwan, and he was supposed to be baptized Dec 5th, but it looks like we will be changing that date because the mother definitely needs to be there.  Kathy is handling the news pretty well considering the fact that she will be missing Alajuwan's birthday, potential baptism, and Christmas. Kathy is really all Alajuwan has so we are pretty concerned with how he will be taken care of. All the family they have around are pretty sketchy and irresponsible so hopefully we can get the church to help them out.  Prayers are needed their way ASAP!

On Tuesday we tag teamed a bunch of less actives with the relief society president. Sometimes I get soooo overwhelmed when I look at the ward and see all the members that need our help. How can I possibly help all these people? I kept asking myself this question all throughout the week, but the answer I kept receiving was the same each time, "One person at a time."
My challenge for you all this week is to go and help the  missionaries! If it's feeding them, going to lessons, giving referrals, giving a ride, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING helps!
Other news this week? Not much, a new really cute missionary moved into our area from Idaho and he's a skier who grew up on Bogus so its been fun to talk about home with him.
Sister Chatman and I also found a pet squirrel! ( see pictures) 

Funny story this week
 
We were out door knocking and sister Chatman looked over at a field and said, "Are those boys??? they look kinda short."  I looked at her and said, "You are sooooo desperate sister, They're like 8 years old! Look at the school!"  We were passing an elementary school and the "boys," little 3rd graders, were running around at lunch break. Hahaha needless to say she was a bit embarrassed and I am refusing to let her live it down.

I have so much love for all of you and really do think about you all the time! Enjoy this season and remember what you are grateful for! 

Sister Viehweg



No comments:

Post a Comment