Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September 6th, 2015



Hello Everyone!

 Sister B and I had a lot of funny things happen to us this week so I will try and do all the stories justice! I'm laughing now just thinking about them.

Story #1: Remember the investigator Paul I was telling you all about that made us the nasty Mexican Jell-O? Well we had another lesson with him and this time he decided to bring us some more of his "super healthy" homemade ice cream. Poor guy, I don't think he knows that heavy whipping cream is NOT good for you no matter how many fruits you put into your ice cream. Anyways he pulls out this container and it's full of some orange green looking ice cream. So far so Good. I take the lid off and put a spoonful in my mouth and try not to gag. It's Cantaloupe with a hint of dirt flavored. For those of you who don't know, I HATE cantaloupe more than anything, and what the heck--dirt?? I looked at Paul and smile and say, "Yum...it's so good, Paul--thanks" He then goes on to tell me that he also put Carrots, sweet potatoes, and kale in the ice cream. It was sooo gross! I gave sister B the look of "There is no way I am eating this," when all of a sudden God sent a bee and it landed right in the ice cream! I quickly slammed the container's lid on and shook it up killing the poor bee (which I felt bad about) but I had to make sure that there was no way he would make me eat more! Haha Other than that, the lesson went really well and he is set to be baptized Oct 14.

Story #2: People here don't exactly know how to be reverent. I don't think it's something they were ever taught. When we have people give prayers they will randomly get up and start doing things around their house while saying the prayer!  We had one of our investigators, George, get up and make himself a cup of coffee through his entire prayer! Sister B and I were trying so hard not to laugh, but I was just so shocked! The prayer was like 15 minutes long! Then on Sunday our investigator Brandy, shes 18, came to church, and when the sacrament water came around she took a sip of it and said (soo loudly) "It tastes so pure! I gotta get myself a bottle of that!" Everyone in the congregation turned around and stared at us while of course I'm just dying laughing. She's too funny, so innocent. The water really does taste so pure. Brandy also had her phone and wallet stolen while out shopping so during her closing prayer at our lesson on on Monday she said "Please bless whoever stole my phone and wallet that they will be punished, because, Lord, they need to be punished." We haven't quite taught her about not praying to punish people yet.. Haha, never thought I would have to teach someone that!

Story #3 We went grocery shopping yesterday and I really like the all natural peanut butter (Adams brand to be exact) while sister B enjoys the cheap kind that tastes so fake. Yuck. So at the store she went to grab the cheap peanut butter while I was searching through the almond butters and saw Whipped Peanut Spread on sale! I picked up the jar and told her that we had to try it! She looked at me skeptically and said, "Fine, just this once though." So we bought the peanut spread without looking at the back or the ingredients. Big mistake. I got home and opened it up to try it out. SOOO DISGUSTING! I gagged the moment I put the spoon full into my mouth. What the heck did we just buy... I turned the bottle over and saw that there was no sugar, no fat, no carbs... uhmm well if it doesn't have any of that stuff what the heck is in it? Wish I hadn't of looked, but  the first ingredient was purified water... hahaha I kept reading through the ingredients thinking WHERE ARE THE PEANUTS? About halfway through the list it said "roasted peanut flavoring." Is this a joke? That was the closest thing it had to peanuts! Then in the corner I saw small yellow writing that said "no peanuts added." Sister B was so mad telling me that this is why we don't buy all natural stuff sister V!  Haha, whatever, it was soooo funny! We couldn't stop laughing. Even the smell of the Whipped peanut spread made our eyes water because it was so bad! We are going to give it to one of our elders for his birthday on Friday. So if any of you ever see whipped peanut spread on the shelf--AVOID IT! 

I'm running out of time and feel like I still have so much to say! Bay city had a monsoon this week and because of the humidity nothing dries, so its been wet shoes constantly for the past 4 days. However, we are constantly being blessed with finding new people to teach and the work is still progressing. We started teaching a total biker dude who has tats everywhere. He even has some on the inside of his lips!

 I love you all very much and love hearing about your lives! Keep me in the loop!  Dad, thanks for all the sports updates, makes me miss sports, but I still love it!

Spiritual thought for the week:

No matter how dark your past is, or how bleak your future may look, be of good cheer. Heavenly Father's arms are open to you always and your brother Jesus Christ has already paid for your sins.
-Boyd K. Packer

Love from Bay City

Sister V

Saginaw Beach

Word of Wisdom success

Word of Wisdom success

No comments:

Post a Comment