Wednesday, September 23, 2015

September 14th, 2015

Hello from Bay City!
Dad I hope you and Grandma and had great birthday yesterday and also hope my card came in time! Also remember forever ago when I asked if you could get my driving/vehicle record sent to me? Sister B is getting tired of having to drive all the time because I still don't have those papers in. I on the other hand don't really mind because I get to nap while she drives:) But please try and find them asap! IF you have questions write it in a letter so I can remember them.

It's been a good week! We had a lot of lessons and, as always, Tons of door knocking! My knuckles still hurt and are a bit purple, I wonder if they will ever get used to pounding on the doors. I don't even want to think about how they will feel in the winter... yikes. Speaking of winter the people here keep saying that it's not going to be as cold as previous years, but there is going to be twice the amount of snow, and from what my comp has said there was a TON of snow last year. I'm looking forward to it! We woke up to cold, crisp, air and no humidity the past couple of days which has been really nice. I think fall is coming. Michigan is about to look like it's on fire!

The Sister Training leaders came and blitzed our area this past week. Which is fancy language for the stl's came to Bay City and hung out with us for a day. Just kidding--we actually got work done. Every month the sister training leaders will come and we will switch up companions with them and they will go out and teach/find with us. Im not really sure why they do it, I think it's just to get an idea on how our area is doing and how we as missionaries are working together as comps and in the work. They then report everything back to president Jacobsen. But this all just means that I was able to spend an entire day with Sister Chatman again! She is seriously the best. Makes me laugh so hard, but the most amazing finder ever! People will throw their number at her. Goals. But dad, she said she is planning on driving through Boise and meeting you when she gets home in December, so be prepared for that.

During one of our lessons with George Brown This week we found out that he was the first national Champion boxer to come out of Bay City and that he was also ranked 6th in the nation during the 1980s. Pretty cool huh? You would never guess he had such great success in his youth because he is a total bum and homeless now. It was really neat to hear him talk about his "glory days". Sister B and I also made a couple of boyfriends while we were out door knocking. These two little boys, ages 6 and 7 were riding their scooters around a park when they saw us walking around. They came up to us and started talking to us and yes, flirting even! They were so stinkin cute! haha I was cracking up. They each would top the other's story and show off on their scooters to impress us. We asked them to guess our ages. For sister B they guessed 37 and for me they guessed 14. I don't know who they insulted more! Cute boys though, they followed us around for about an hour and a half asking us all kinds of questions.

Tomorrow is zone conference and Elder Anderson, from the 70, is coming to speak to our zone. Last week I got a call from the AP's telling me that I was one of two missionaries chosen to get a personal interview with Elder Anderson. Who knows why, but hey, I'll take it! They said the interview is going to be about 15 minutes long and they have no idea what it's going to be about. I'm a bit nervous and will have more to follow up on next week!  The work is going going going and each night sister B and I are practically falling asleep during our prayers. Our investigators are remaining pretty stagnant at this point, but we are trying our best to change that!

I love you all and, as always, praying for each and every one of you!

Sister V

spiritual thought: Go read "Latter Day Saint Keep on Trying" by Dale G. Renlund

No comments:

Post a Comment