Monday, September 7, 2015

August 24th, 2015



 This week just flew by, I don't know where the time or the days went. I'm having the hardest time remembering what the heck happened this week!  I even looked through my journal last night.  Maybe it felt so fast because last week was eternal haha, but I will do my best to let you all know what has been happening in Bay City!
Thank you Dad and Deb for the raincoat!  It came just in time for 2 straight days of hard rain, the coat fits perfectly and kept me dry and warm.
On Monday for district P-Day we all went Ice Skating.  Dad, I know you love to tell people that I only went to 1 semester of College, but that first semester that you don't like to count really paid off for this P-Day. I rocked the ice skating due to my Ice Hockey Class I took last fall :)  It was so much fun and everyone in my district now wants to go take Ice Hockey at BYU hahaha!  We got a new District Leader this transfer.  His name is Elder Engle and he stands at 5'4" (that's my height).  When I first saw him I couldn't believe it.  He looked so TINY!  Doesn't help that his companion is 6'2" and pretty hefty.  I looked at Sister B and asked her if that's what I look like standing next to people, She said yes.  I've never really thought I was that short, but poor Elder Engle is just tiny, probably weighs around 100 lbs too.
 The Guistiniani's that I was talking about last week made it to church yesterday!  Counting them we had 5 investigators come and 2 less active members making a new record for the Bay City ward!  The Lord is blessing us.  Last week we had 1 investigator on date for baptism, and by Sunday night we bumped that number up to 5.  So hopefully we will be able to start dunking these champs soon :) It's just crazy how busy we are throughout the weeks.  We are always rushing from one appointment to the next, and if they fall through it's back to door knocking. I keep waiting for my knuckles to form callouses, but they aren't coming.  However, they are staying bruised so I guess that's a good thing.
This week we had Trade Offs and I was paired with Breck Steele's Trainer, Sister Chatman.  Sister Chatman is my age but is heading home in about 4 months.  She got a full ride to play Basketball at BYU and is soooooo cool!  We had the best time together talking about sports and how there are ZERO competitive sister missionaries out here--haha.  Watch for her on TV--her name is Jessica Chatman and her brother is playing basketball at Provo right now.  Dad, maybe ask the Shaw's if Braiden has met him yet?
A family in the ward took us out to eat at this place called Mr. Hotdogs.  It tasted just about as good as it sounds.  The Dad talked this place up like it was the best food he had ever had so I was pretty excited to try it out.  We walked into the "restaurant" and ordered our food.  All I'm going to say is that McDonalds tastes better.  So if you ever see a Mr. Hotdogs, avoid it and go to McDonalds.

I'm praying daily for you all and hope everyone has a good week! Sorry This is short, next week will be better!  Love you All

Sister Viehweg

Michigan Rain Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment