Sunday, August 2, 2015

July 27th, 2015

Okay Okay so I guess I haven't been the best at giving real missionary experiences? I will try and do better.
This week was really hard.  We had a lot of investigators drop us which is a really depressing thing. You think all is going well and then you get a call from one of them telling you that they no longer want to meet with you. That happened 3 times so that was a big bummer and each phone call my heart dropped lower and lower. We also had an investigator, Bill, call and tell us that he had to go do some work up north for a month. So that was 4 we lost and then yesterday we got a call from one of our investigator's brothers telling us that his brother, Michael, had been put in jail for dealing drugs. So that's a total of 5 investigators lost. Sister Brockbank and I did our best to keep our chins up throughout the week. Speaking of Sister Brockbank I don't think I have told you much about her. She's been out 13 months so she is pretty experienced. However, this is her first time training so that gets tough sometimes because I'll ask her some questions and she won't know how to answer them. She's a lot like my college roommate Shaylie. Doesn't like to workout, not very outdoorsy, and not very social. But she's great haha. My bishop pulled me aside on Sunday and told me that Bay City needed a missionary like me to liven up the place, so that made me feel good.
You know you're truly turning into a missionary when you wake up in the morning singing Sunday songs. I picture it kind of like on the Grinch when he wakes up singing a chirstmas song and freaks out. WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME???  Just kidding, its not that bad, but it is a little weird trying to remember other songs from the radio and not being able to. This past week we saw fireflies!  Yes, they are real! For some reason I didn't really think those bugs existed, but they do and they are beautiful! I also was able to see the beautiful Saginaw Bay this week, which honestly isn't very beautiful. Bay City people rave about how amazing it is and when we went to it, it was covered in dead fish!  Hahaha, and the water was disgusting!  I'll send some pictures of it. 
I'm getting more and more acquainted with the ward which makes things fun.  We went over to this member's house and their little 4 year old kept asking me to pick him up (we can't pick up kids) and I looked at him finally and said, "why do you want to be picked up so badly?" and his response was, "because I want to kiss you."  Hahaha I got a kick out of that!  The Mormons really have to stick together around here because every other door hates Jesus Christ, I feel awful saying those 3 words in the same sentence but I have had people say that to me.  Blows my mind, how can anyone feel that way about their Savior?  Catholics overpopulate this city and they all shake their beads at us and don't want to listen.  We had a couple drunk people pull the "nobody's home" card which I'll never understand.

Time is running out, it always goes way too fast. But thank you all for the emails and letters. I logged on to 40 emails today so I was super stressed out trying to read through them all, but don't worry that's a good thing :) Dad I got your package, I thought I mentioned that to you? Im feeling like one of my emails didn't go through a couple of weeks ago?
Deb happy belated birthday! Im sorry I forgot, I forget everything while Im out here. whose birthday is next?  Becca's?  I also forgot Lisa's and I think I wished her a belated birthday too?? Just because I forget doesn't mean I don't care about all of you!

Have a wonderful week and know that I pray for you all!

love
 Sister Viewheg
Shells from Saginaw Bay Beach

Typical Bay City Scene

Pioneer Day- They made her wear that outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment