Thursday, August 20, 2015

August 10th, 2015

I've been trying so hard to remember my week, but nothing is coming!  It's kind of frustrating to be honest.  So this email might be a little lame, sorry!
On p-day last week my district and I headed up to Frankenmuth, which is a small German town about 30 min away.  The town was really cute, everyone was wearing German outfits and the buildings were all German and the food was German and everything was just German.  I tried some chocolate and blueberry cheese and it was the best cheese I have ever tasted!  Made me think of all the yummy cheeses you used to buy Deb, you definitely gotta try the chocolate and blueberry.  Unfortunately I'm terrible at remembering to take pictures so on our way out of the town I grabbed my camera and started taking pictures from inside the car... The pictures are just awful and make me laugh.  I'll post some at the end of the email.  After we left town our district realized that it was our last P-Day all  together before transfer calls so our DL (district leader) paid for all of us to ride this super lame roller coaster made for kids, ages 7-12, called the Serpent.  Ironic right?  Satan's the serpent?  That's not as funny writing it out to all of you as it was to our district. Missionary jokes... you gotta laugh at what you can right?  Anyways, the rollercoaster was so stupid hahaha, and the whole time the elders were shouting out things like "if I do I want all you kids to know that Joseph Smith was a prophet!  The book of Mormon is true!  We are missionaries of Christ!" etc., etc.  The kids were looking at us like we were nuts.  Worth it. Their faces were pricless.
   While door knocking this week twice old people have seen me and invited me right into their homes.  Both times I was like "are you sure?" and they would reply "Yes don't be silly."  When they walked closer they then realized that I am not their granddaughter.  Both times I laughed pretty hard, but felt bad at the same time.  How was I supposed to know they thought I was their granddaughter?  I just thought they were super eager to hear about the gospel!  I felt pretty bad when their super happy faces turned into a look of horror like they just invited a killer into their home.  Guess I just have a common face here among the old people.
   The people we are teaching right now all have pretty rough backgrounds. Yesterday the bishop called us into his office to talk about a family we were bringing to church. He said he looked them up on line (he does this to every investigator we bring to church because Bay City is known to have lots of ex criminals) and both of the older sisters had been imprisoned.  One of them for kidnapping an 18 year old girl and the other for stabbing someone!  To say I was shocked is an understatement. Everyone we teach here has some crazy background story, makes me a little nervous, but the gospel is for everyone.
 On Sunday we had a baptism!  The elders baptized two little girls and it was awesome.  That was the first baptism I have been to in a really long time, I forgot about how awesome they are!  We have two investigators on date to be baptized, but both have really bad addictions they need to get over, so pray for them! Transfer calls came on Friday and Sister B and I are staying together and staying in Bay City!  A couple of the elders in our district are moving out though and we have a new DL named Elder Ingle.  Apparently he is shorter than me.  Pray that  I can take him seriously haha!
I'm sorry this email didn't have much, I'll do better next week!  But thanks again for all the emails, I'm still praying for all of you and love you SO. MUCH!

Love  Sister V

German town Frankmuth



Yes, a purple house

Tired after tracking

No comments:

Post a Comment